The best stock trading apps and platforms
We've analysed the apps and fees of major share trading platforms so you can quickly see the stand-outs.
There are a lot of different trading apps available if you plan to start share trading. We’ve rounded up popular stock trading apps in our comparison table to help you find the one that suits your profile best. We’ve also covered how to choose one, and we’ve updated this page to reflect the best apps available in 2022.
How to choose the best trading app
Sometimes, a trading app is considered the best because…well, it’s a great app and has loads of features. A lot of the time, it’s down to you, and what features you’re looking for. You wouldn’t judge a goldfish on how well it can climb a tree, would you?
There are loads of different things that you should consider when choosing the best trading app for you, such as:
- Fees and charges. Some platforms charge a flat fee, while others charge based on how much you invest.
- What you can trade. Such as shares, ETFs and funds.
- How easy the platform is to use. Some platforms are designed for more experienced investors, so might be quite complicated and difficult to use.
- Market research and tools. The tools available on the platform can be helpful in understanding your investments.
- Demo account. If there’s a demo account available then you can give it a go without putting down any real money, this is a nice touch if you’re a newbie to investing.